Call for Entry: 55th Annual Potrero Hill Artists’ Exhibition
Calling all Potrero Hill/Dogpatch Artists! You’re invited to participate in the 55th Annual Potrero Hill Artists’ Exhibition, which will be at Potrero Branch Library from Saturday, May 4 through Friday, July 26, 2013. Artists who live, work, or study on Potrero Hill can participate in this non-juried show. In addition, we will have an Opening Reception on Saturday, May 4, from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. to launch the art show. I hope that you will join us for this special event! The guidelines for submitting artwork are as follows:
- We will need the following information for our records: Your first and last name, address (including zip code), phone number, email address, title of artwork, medium, date, and monetary value of the artwork. Please return this information no later than March 28, 2013. You may send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit it in person on or before that date.
- Please note that we will be accepting submissions from Potrero Hill artists on Tuesday, April 23 (Open 10 am – 8 pm), Wednesday, April 24 (Open 12 – 8 pm), Thursday, April 25 (Open 10-6), Friday, April 26 (Open 1-6) and Saturday, April 27 (Open 1-6 pm). We will be accepting artwork on these days ONLY. We are specifying these days so that we have adequate staffing for the submission process.
- All submissions must be ready to hang with hanging wire or some other sturdy device that will allow the piece to be hung on the wall. The artist’s name should be attached firmly to the back of the submission. NOTE: having the picture wire securely fastened allows us to properly hang and display the piece.
- Due to the popularity of the annual show and the limited space in the library, each artist can submit one piece only. We ask that the work be smaller than 48 inches by 48 inches. Each artist can submit an “artist information” sheet on standard letter-size paper (8 ½” x 11”) that will go into a binder, which will be available for the public to peruse for the duration of the exhibition. We would like the text for your label to be submitted with your artist information, which should include your name and the title of the work.
- The art show runs from May 4 through July 26, 2013, and all artwork will remain at the library for the duration of the entire exhibit. San Francisco Public Library cannot be responsible for damage to or loss of the work and you will be asked to sign a contract and waiver of liability. We will send you a copy of the contract when you submit your contact information and, without exception, it must be signed and submitted at the time that we receive your work during the week of April 23-27.
- All submissions must be retrieved from the library by August 3, 2013, during the library’s open hours.
- The Potrero Hill Artists’ Exhibition is the oldest annual art show in San Francisco and owes its longevity to a group of artists who painted with, or under the tutelage of, the late Charles Farr. In 2006, before the branch closed for renovation, over one hundred Potrero Hill artists submitted artwork for the show. We hope that you will join us in celebrating this annual event by participating in this year’s exhibition.
- If you would like to participate in the Opening Reception Planning Committee, contribute food or donate money to buy food for the opening reception, please contact Lia Hillman at email@example.com